The weakest point in terms of reliability and protection remains the operating system. Despite the fact that application programs contain many defects, if the operating system were error-free, then the incorrectness of application programs would not have such serious consequences as it does now, so we will focus on operating systems in this article.
How to Assure Quality and Reliability by Certified Audited Ubuntu?
Computer science researchers are accustomed to regular computer crashes and the need to install software patches every few months. However, the vast majority of users find this lack of reliability unacceptable. Their internal model of the operation of an electronic device is based on the experience of using TVs and VCRs: you buy a device, connect it to the network, and it works flawlessly for ten years.
To check a few important facts about Ubuntu, click here:
- Initially, the development was planned as a temporary offshoot of Debian.
- Initially, the project was called No-Name-Yet, which means “there is no name yet.”
- Ubuntu packages are still based on the unstable Debian package group.
- Recent developments may not be compatible with the “original.”
The operating system of Mark Shuttleworth’s team is preferred for many new technologies; notable among them are artificial intelligence or AI, machine learning or ML, and Deep Learning or DL. The latter is a growing market that is receiving very important investments from companies such as Google, Amazon, and Microsoft that are building custom tools.
It is worth noting that some of the outdated versions are no longer supported by developers. For easier work with operating systems on the server, control panels are used, so when working with Ubuntu on the server, you can also install an additional control panel that will simplify your work.
Which Are the Main Goals of Using the Ubuntu OS?
According to official data, more than 20 million users use the Ubuntu distribution. New releases are constantly released with both long-term Ubuntu, and short-term support. It is worth noting that some of the outdated versions are not supported by the developers.
The main goals of the Ubuntu operating system are as follows:
- Ensuring the convenience, efficiency, reliability, and safety of the execution of user programs. For the user, the most important thing is that his program works, behaves predictably, gives the correct results he needs, does not fail, and is not subjected to external attacks. The computing environment for such execution of programs is provided by the operating system.
- Ensuring the convenience, efficiency, reliability, and safety of using a computer. The operating system ensures the maximum usefulness and efficiency of using the computer and its resources, handles interrupts, and protects the computer from failures, and hacker attacks. This activity of the OS may not be as noticeable to the user, but it is ongoing.
- Ensuring the convenience, efficiency, reliability, and security of using the network, disk, and other external devices connected to the computer. A special function of the operating system, without which it is impossible to use a computer, is working with external devices.
- Focuses on platform and device independence, cross-browser and cross-platform collaboration. You can download it for free and run it as a plug-in in any popular browser.
- Includes a word processor, a presentation application, a compatible groupware environment, an SMTP email client, and much more.